Friday, November 8, 2019

growth mindset: 6 bad mental habits

6 bad mental habits that sabotage your success

I chose this article as I love easy and straight to the point 'tips' on how to benefit your mental health.

From reading this I have realised that your thoughts not only affect your emotional stage but also your behaviour. I will bullet point each stage and write in my own words what I learned:
  • Making excuses
I learned that blaming other people for 'weighing you down' only harms your performance more.

  • Catastrophizing the future
Don't look into a moment that isn't now too much as it will put you off and make you feel down and overthink loads.
  • Seeking audience approval
Theres no point seeking for others approval as at the end of the day it is only you who matters to yourself. Don't care about anyone else opinions 
  • Believing self-doubt
Insecurity sneaks in and kills your dreams. If you walk into a job interview thinking I'm  never going to get hired, chances is you won't. A negative mindset will never lead to a positive one.

  • Putting yourself down
If you wouldn't speak to someone the way that you speak to yourself, then don't allow yourself to say it to you.

  • Second-guessing yourself
If you think about every choice you make it will impair your decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment