Sunday, November 10, 2019

Prototype


Image result for unity platform game

My game idea is a platformer game that will consist of a small man who tries to reach the end goal, which is a star. I have said that the obstacles will be:

  • jumping over obstacles
  • collecting coins
  • jumping over water
Although these obstacles seem basic enough I want to make my game easy and done out well. I think I will get rid of the 'jumping over obstacles/water' as there is already the goal of reaching the star at the end of the level.

I have been finding keeping up with the weekly blogs, comments etc particularly difficult recently as I just find it hard to balance everything out. I have been getting into the hang of it more as I am going by the work schedule I made for myself.

I will say Unity is holding me back a bit as I find it really hard and just cant seem to get the hang of it so I keep going back and forth from tutorials to try and figure it out. That is why I have cut out a few things in my game as I want to be realistic about how it is going to work. I want the outcome to be a good game and not to focus to much on the little things.

Below is a rough copy of what I want the game to look like- I done this on canva but I dont want it to look the exact same just the same colours etc 

I want the colors the be bright and happy, and I am obviously not going to be using Mario in my game but its just an idea, and the star at the end is the goal.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie

    Interesting idea with the 2D plat former sounds like a rather unique idea as I don't think I've heard anyone else do anything like it.

    I enjoyed reading about your game idea keep up the good work and good luck with making your game.

    Oisín

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie

    I really like the idea you have for your platform game as it gives me vibes of the classic mario/ rayman games which are real nostalgic to me. Have you considered keeping obstacles in the game to make it more challenging to the player or even consider adding a timer as to keep the player focused on winning the game.I do also love the idea for the color scheme you are going for on this game idea/concept as it really helps imagine what i assume is a cartoon like design, as i feel it will have a real family friendly/colorful appeal to it.

    Besides that I love the idea as it looks real promising and I am relieved to see I am not the only person struggling to get a hang of the Unity mechanics as I feel it is my main issue also.

    Otherwise great blog and I am looking forward to reading more in the future.Best of luck

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,
    Great blog! You've a great game idea, I really like the simplicity of it and the visuals. I think it will be a really enjoyable game to play and look forward to seeing it once it's made.
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,
    I really like the idea you have of your game, I get the super mario bros vibes or feeling off which brings me back to my childhood when i would always be on it day and night. A platform game sounds like it would work well with what you have down for the ideas and it will work well especially if you consider putting the obstacles in the game. I think anyone that has used unity will agree that its not the easiest piece of software to use and if it wasn't for the good people on youtube showing us how to use it, I think we would be all snookered for making the game. I think you showed a good concept of what your game could look like on the example you made on canva, I think all the colours you have decided to use are the right colours and I do think there will be happy vibes from the colours of the game. Anyway good blog and I wish you the best of luck with your game.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete