Wednesday, September 25, 2019

introduction to a legend; me :)


A bit about me 

My name is Katie Persson, I live in Clane Co.Kildare. 


I was born in Sweden, hence the weird second name 🤣 

No photo description available.      Image may contain: one or more people, child and close-up

My dad is from Sweden and my mam is from Dublin. They moved to Sweden in 1997 and had me in 2000. My first language was Swedish and I spent 5 years over there and moved to Ireland in 2005. I have three sisters Maggie(16) and Rebecca(12). Maggie was also born in Sweden but only lived there for a year. We go over to Sweden 2/3 times a year, usually during the Summer and Christmas time.
           
               The Swedish side
                   my dad    my granny   my auntie
                            Image may contain: 6 people, including Jonas Persson, Charlotta Persson and Katie Persson, people smiling, sky and outdoor
          maggie    rebecca      me 


                           Image may contain: sky, table, tree, night and outdoor
  This is Sweden during the winter in Ystad



When I moved over to Ireland I first moved to Stillorgan in Dublin for 3-4 years, then we moved into Maynooth for a year and ever since I have been living in Clane. I done junior and senior infants in Dublin and then 1st class to 6th year in Clane primary/secondary.


I have been with my boyfriend Shane for 3.5 years now, we were in the same tutor from 1-3 year. He lives in Clane too which is handy and we recently went over to Rotterdam for a month.

Image may contain: 3 people, including Katie Persson and Simona Barauska, people smiling, indoor


I really enjoy Creative Digital Media, I feel like it is really suited to me. My favorite part about the course is learning about how to edit videos through premiere pro and photography. 
I also really enjoy making this blog, when I was younger, maybe like 13/14 my mam made me a website called Katiepersson.com (original) and I would just write about my day haha. Its gone now so don't try to look it up hahahah.

My mam got diagnosed with breast cancer when I was two weeks into first year, I was only 12/13 at the time but she dealt with it with a positive attitude which made it a lot easier for us all. She started up here own blog called 'kicking the shite out of cancer' where she talks about her experience with cancer, having cancer and working, telling the kids and how to look out for breast cancer etc. She really took her cancer and put a positive spin on it. She decided to start a 'strip and dip', where women of any age and size run into to sea naked to raise money for Aoibheann's Pink Tie. In total over the 6 years they have raised 870,000 euro for the charity. Last year she got into the Guiness World Book Of Records for the worlds largest skinny dip. 2505 women smashed the record and ran into the sea and raised 508,000 euro.
No photo description available.

They were also on Ireland's got Talent as 'sea of change' 80 woman all got the golden buzzer the first time they sang.
                    Image result for sea of change

That's it really I dont think I have anything else to say.

Thanks for reading :)) x - KT


10 comments:

  1. hi katie!

    great blog post! Wow your mam sounds like an amazing person you must be so proud of her!

    What's sweden like sounds amazing would love to go visit one day?

    I love your layout it's really pretty and so easy to find my way around. Cant wait to read more about you throughout your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen thanks very much, Sweden should deffo be on your bucket list x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,

    I never knew your first language was sweedish, that is so cool. I would love to be fluent in another european language some day. I can't believe your mam is in the Guiness World Book of Records, that is such an amazing achievement. I am also in shock that she appeared on Irelands Got Talent and received a golden buzzer, that is crazy! Well done to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,

    I love your blog, and it was really interesting finding out more about you and your impressive mother. I never knew she had made it into the Guinness World record book, how impressive!

    I can't wait to read more,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie
    I just read your blog there and it was really good! Im glad you enjoy the course ,as I love the design aspect of it especially design process and fundamentals and i cant believe your mother made the Guinness World Record book and raised so much for a great cause fair play to her!!.

    Keep up the blogs they are great and I am looking forward to reading more

    Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie

    This has probably been one of the most interesting introduction blogs i've read so far! It's so cool that your first language is Swedish. I've always wanted to go to Sweden it looks fab! I'm sure you're very proud of your mam. I can't wait to read more of your blogs.

    -LM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy Katie,
    This was a wonderful blog post. It's really cool that you're originally from Sweden and that you still visit there. Also, your mother sounds like an incredible woman. The way she dealt with her cancer and helped others deal with it and raise so much money for cancer research is just incredible. I hope this college goes well for you.
    Nathan Harte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie,

    Great blog ! Sorry to hear your Mam had cancer, My granny and my cousin had cancer as well so I know how much pain it's causes, Hopefully you mam was able to kick Cancers ass ! I never knew you were Swedish, in fact I don't think we've ever met ! Anyway I've also been to Rotterdam, but only for 10 days though I would have love to stayed for a month.

    I can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Katie,

    I never knew you were from Sweden. That's class! I've heard it's a really lovely place. Your Mam sounds like such an inspirational and strong woman. I know another woman who was in Sea of Change, and it was such a good group.

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete