Thursday, November 21, 2019

Alpha

Image result for unity"

Since the start I have been a bit behind with my game on Unity as I have been avoiding starting it as I thought that it would be really hard. I have been falling behind a little bit in relation to my game, I feel like I have been focusing more on my blog posts if I'm being honest.

I am getting the hang of Unity and am trying my best to add finishing touches such as nature etc.

It is a bit difficult for me to work on my game as I always use the Macs in college to do it as I don't have a laptop yet. I have a PC but it's too old to be able to handle the software. In any spare time that I get I work on my game in college because I feel that it's a lot easier to do it on the Macs. I am now looking back and forth from Unity tutorials that we had to do weeks ago to make sure that I don't go wrong anywhere and perfect it all.

I hope in the end that it all plays alright because it is so far but I want it to be playable and look half decent. From now until the last week I will put in a lot of time into my game to perfect it as much as I can. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!

    Your like me for ages i kept putting off making the game as I am finding the coding very difficult, I just cant get the hang of it which is driving me mad!

    Its good that you are slowly getting there because it must be hard having no laptop at home that can hold the software. It just means you are trying to juggle a lot of different things while in college which is annoying!

    Anyway good luck with the rest of it!

    -EH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie,

    I really like your blog ! Sorry if this comments makes no sense, I'm just back from Training and i'm half asleep while I'm writing this (totally not trying to increase me word count or anything).

    Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, unity is a scary thing even when it's working ! I recommend taking it in small piece, which sounds like what you're doing so that's good !

    It's a pain of the BLANK using the macs in college, anytime we need to use premier pro, I have to use the macs because it won't work on my laptop, so I get that's it hard not having a laptop that you can just do all the work at home on. Even though my friends call my laptop a piece of BLANK, I'm glad that I have it!

    I do have one question: you mention that you have been working on your game but what exactly ? Is it just the environment ?

    Anyway, can't wait to read your blog again in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,

    It was quite interesting to read about your project's development, specifically the alpha. Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean in relation to focusing on unity rather than the blog posts. It is extremely difficult to balance the two, and also prioritize the two in relation to points, etc.

    It's good to see that you've been going back on previous tutorials from pasts assignments, it can seem like a lot of work, and is definitely daunting at the beginning, considering they have taken us 10 weeks so far! But, my advice to you is that you should do this as much as possible when working on your game, and also finding your own little tutorials on youtube. This then enhances your skillset, allowing you to then apply these in your own specific ways to your own game. Also, watching the old tutorials that you've already completed, is a nice way of reminding yourself and keeping your memory of the tools fresh.

    I can't wait to see how your game turns out!

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete