Saturday, October 5, 2019

Game Brainstorm

Image result for brainstorming

After looking into several tutorials and finding games that I think everyone would like I have gathered four possible games that I will create.

The first idea for my game is 
to make a platformer game. Super Mario Bros is a platform game and it is the game that I spoke about in my blog post 'my favorite game'
I used to always play these kind of games when I was younger and I think it would be a fun game to create. I researched into making a game like this on unity and after gathering different information from articles it seems like an easy enough game to create which is good because I then focus on other obstacles I would like in it such as:
-jumping over obstacles
-avoiding objects coming their way
-reaching a star at the end of the level 
The game would be based around a small character who jumps around to go from A to B avoiding different obstacles.
The main article I read was this one as it demonstrates how to make a game like Mario on unity.
Unity Super Mario Bros.


The second game that I would like to create is a driving game. I used to always play driving games and parking games when I was younger and I think that it is almost a 'fun' way to learn about driving. The game is when your in a car driving around a city and trying to avoid traffic. There would be certain ways of avoiding traffic i.e going through two cars to drive past, going through short cuts. I researched into articles about making a driving game and it talks you through the basics and down to very end of producing this game. I have watched peoples driving games they have made on unity and they look professional and well done.

The third idea is a fast pace gardening arcade game, this will involve planting vegetables, harvesting them and protecting them from various insects and 'enemies', such as snails, birds and worms. The goal is to protect the vegetables from insects destroying it and making sure it stays alive by watering it daily. I thought this game idea was quite different and is not like the other two that I spoke about but it would be something unique. 
https://forum.unity.com/threads/asset-farm-planting-system-plant-grow-and-harvest-from-box.629146/
Image result for watering vegetables

The fourth and final game idea that I have come up with is a puzzle, there would be different 'mini' games such as X's and O's, tic tac toe and puzzles. This is like an all in one game as there are different mini goals within the three games. I thought this would be something cool because they are small basic games that you can play and win.
https://learn.unity.com/search?k=%5B%22q%3AMini%20Tutorials%22%5D
Related image

I have found many articles and youtube videos helpful while doing this brainstorm activity. 
The youtube channel 'unity' has been helpful because it shows different ways of creating unique games. The links below that I have added have also helped me out.
Image result for unity


1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie,
    I myself loved Super Mario when i was growing up, I really think it would be awesome if you could re-create a game like that. I hope it's not too much of a difficult task for you. Your second idea about a driving game sounds really fun and entertaining, it sounds like an addicting game and again i hope if you do decide to make this game thats it's successful for you. I also liked your idea about the puzzles games. I think that would be a great idea especially for the kids growing up today who might not experience these type of games. Thanks for creating this awesome blog for me to read.

    ReplyDelete