Saturday, October 5, 2019

Feedback Thoughts

Feedback
Image result for positive mindset
I chose the article 'a fixed mindset could be holding you back' because it sounded very interesting to me. I like to read things that I know will be of benefit to me mentally and will help me make small but beneficial changes along the way. This article spoke about how the way of teaching has led to a fixed mindset. Children think that they have not done their work to their best of their ability because they haven't got a good grade, but it is still the work and effort put it into that matters, all you can do is try to improve. For example in a workplace, by encouraging staff to learn from their mistakes rather than chastising them for making them, the workplaces benefits, Professor Klein says.

From my own experience it is great to get feedback for the obvious reason that you can improve your work. Like the quote says, you learn from your mistakes. I like how in this module through the blogs, you can get feedback and see what you done well or what you could do better i.e add more pictures etc. If you get feedback you can then focus on what you might have done wrong and you can then see where you went wrong and improve on it.

Image result for positive mindset

The second article that I read was 'rewire your self-critical brain' which I found very interesting and of benefit to me. 

Stress and negativity do remarkable things to your brain. When stress overwhelms you enough to keep your mood constantly low, your brain gradually change.The grey matter (the core component of your brain) but it can grow denser in some self-critical parts. Your brain can keep developing, and the unhelpful changes can be reversed. 

This stood out to me because although you can have negativity that is stuck in your brain their is a still a way of changing that mindset to be positive.

I think all in all these articles were of benefit and definitely shows how you can have a positive impact towards your work and change anything that can be worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment