Thursday, October 3, 2019

Unity tutorial 01

After viewing a few episodes of Jimmy Vegas' series on how to create a game and go from a beginner level to an advanced level using the Unity programme I have found him extremely helpful and his instructions are very clearly. 

I wanted to get to know Unity before this blog post for myself to get to know it  and I looked up random videos explaining how to use the programme but I didn’t find them that helpful as they didn’t really do it from a beginners point of view, that’s why after watching Jimmy’s video I found myself a lot more comfortable with it.

The first two videos explained the basics and step by step guides on how to learn about the programme as a whole, the 3rd video was interesting as it looked into downloading online content such as trees and grass. I found it cool when he was working on the movement of the grass as it is a programme that I have never used before and it is fascinating to see everything that you can do with it. 

Apart from Jimmy Vegas’ tutorial I also looked up a few myself on YouTube after watching his to get to know it a bit better and I found it helpful. 

This programme is very new to me and I do still find it fairly confusing because there is so many different things to it but I am also excited to get to know the programme better and be able to make good games and projects. 

I won’t lie my first attempt wasn’t the best but I know that along the way and with a bit of help I will get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment