Friday, October 11, 2019

Game Idea Research

Game Idea Research

For my last blogpost I brainstormed four possible game ideas.

I chose:
    Image result for mario
  1. A platformer game (like Mario)
  2. A driving game
  3. Gardening arcade game
  4. A puzzle game
After researching into these different games I have decided to choose the platformer game to focus on.

I wrote about this kind of game (like mario, mario kart) in 'my favourite game' blog as its obviously my favourite game but I would also find it cool if I could create a game like this myself and learn more about it.

I was looking at a lot of Jimmy Vegas' videos on youtube that are about building platformer games like mario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-1-XxO-Fyo

Before choosing a game I don't want to just pick a game and stick with it because it could end up being very difficult. But after watching several of his Unity tutorials on YouTube it doesn't seem to be too difficult. Meaning it is hard but I can put my head down and try my best.

I just feel like this game would be a good choice as it is something that we have all played back in the day or even now, it is a very enjoyable and straightforward game.

Game mechanics:
  • avoiding killable objects- when the player is playing their will be certain objects that will kill the player such as fireballs, spikes being thrown etc.
  • reaching a star- when you complete the level you need to reach/touch a star, if you do, you complete that level. If you don't you need to restart the game again.
  • jumping over obstacles- to reach the goal(star) you have to jump and avoid certain obstacles like their being spikes on the ground, you have to jump over and avoid this.
These are my ideas for my possible platform game, I hope you enjoyed :))

No comments:

Post a Comment