Monday, December 2, 2019

Wikipedia Trail

Image result for wikipedia"

I seen on the homepage of Wikipedia a section called "on this day" that lists everything that happened on that day. I found this very interesting and then I continued to look into the events that happened on that day.
  • On this day in 1920 the Chinese army expelled UN forces from North Korea. This was the withdrawal of United Nations forces from North Korea that took place from the 2+25th of December. I looked into this and read what it said on Wikipedia and it was very interesting, I learned that there were 13 commanders and leaders in this.
  • On this day in 1989 The Malayan Communist Party and the Malaysian government signed a peace accord to end the 21-year Communist insurgency. The communist insurgency was also known as the Second Malayan Emergency, this was an armed conflict that occurred in Malaysia from 1968 to 1989 involving the Malaysian federal security forces.
  • On this day in 1971 Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm al-Quwain form the United Arab Emirates. This is a country in Western Asia
    at the southeast end of the Arabian Peninsula on the Persian Gulf, bordering Oman to the east and Saudi Arabia to the south and west, as well as sharing maritime borders with Qatar to the west and Iran to the north. On that day they all formed together to make the one.
  • On this day in 1985 an English poet, Philip Larkin died. I studied him in school for my Leaving Certificate and his poems were always very interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment